Acceptable Use Policy
IT Works Internet Pte Ltd (known here as “IWI”) Acceptable Use Policy has been developed with the following objectives:
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression.
- Encourage the responsible use of net resources and discourage practices which degrade the usability of network resources and thus the value of Internet services.
- Ensure security, reliability and privacy of IWI’s systems and network, and the networks and systems of others.
- Avoid situations that may cause IWI to incur civil liability.
- We respect our Customers to use the Internet with courtesy and responsibility and to be familiar with and to practice good Internet etiquette. By adhering to the following policies, our Customers are protecting the rights and privileges of all Internet users.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING POLICIES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF ALL ACCOUNTS AND MAY INCUR FINANCIAL PENALTIES TO THE VIOLATOR.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK USAGE AND SECURITY
- Customers may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (“cracking”). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the Customer, password sniffing, security hole scanning, IP spoofing, logging into a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks.
- Customers may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network (“denial of service attacks”). This includes, but is not limited to, “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
- Customers may not use any kind of program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user’s terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Customers must safeguard their account passwords to prevent unauthorized access to their account.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. IWI will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
MATERIAL AND PRODUCT REQUIREMENT
- Customers must ensure that all material and data placed on IWI’s equipment is in a condition that is “server-ready”, which is in a form requiring no additional manipulation on IWI’s part. We shall make no effort to validate this information for content, correctness or usability. In the event that the Customer’s material is not “server-ready”, we have the option at any time to reject this material. IWI will notify the Customer immediately of its refusal of the material and afford the Customer the opportunity to amend or modify the material to satisfy the needs and/or requirements of IWI.
- Uses of IWI’s facilities require a certain level of knowledge in the use of Internet languages, protocols, and software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated use of the facilities. Customers are responsible for having this level of expertise. It is not the responsibility of IWI to provide this knowledge or customer support outside of the service defined in the Service Agreement.
- IWI’s facilities may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information, data or material in violation of Republic of Singapore regulation or law, or by the common law, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute. IWI reserves the right to remove such illegal material from its servers.
- Customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of IWI’s facilities, any material that is, in IWI ‘s sole discretion, unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, statute or regulation.
- The Customer is responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and up-to-date billing information. Furnishing false data on the signup form, contract, or online application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate termination, and may subject the offender to civil or criminal liability.
- Customers may not engage in tortuous conduct including, but not limited to, posting of defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or making physical threats against another person via email, news, or any other electronic media/service we provide.
- Customers may not permit the use of mail services, mail-forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto responders other than for the Customer’s own account.
- Customers may not employ posts or programs that consume excessive CPU time or storage space. IWI reserves the right to kill CPU intensive process without prior notice or incurring of any liability.
- To maintain the quality of our bandwidth, IWI discourage the use of heavy bandwidth intensive web sites like video, game servers and music files for all shared hosting, dedicated servers and colocation customers. Such usage are determined under IWI’s sole discretion.
- Maximum database size limit supported for shared hosting : 200MB / 20MB (Access)
- Maximum concurrent access to DB is restricted to 20 connections
- Site owners are to ensure all mysql operations does not cause adverse load upon the server when executing sql queries
- We may at IWI discretion deem the database usage unsuitable for shared hosting and suspend access
- Customers are bound by the IWI Spam Policy.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, is prohibited.
- Customers may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to “mail bombing” (flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of email) and “trolling” (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses) is prohibited.
- Forging of header or any other information is not permitted.
- Subscribing someone else to a mail list or removing someone else from a mail list without that person’s permission is prohibited.
- IWI accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those messages violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable Use Policy of that other provider.
USENET – NEWSGROUP
- IWI is not responsible for the content of any newsgroup posting, whether or not a IWI Customer made the posting.
- Postings to newsgroups must comply with the written charters or FAQ for those newsgroups. Advertisements should only be posted in those newsgroups whose charters/FAQ explicitly permit them. The poster is responsible for determining the etiquette of a given newsgroup, prior to posting to it.
- Customers are prohibited from posting the same or similar message to large numbers of newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as “USENET Spam”).
- Customers are prohibited from forging header information. This includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for posting to a moderated newsgroup.
- A customer may not solicit mail for any other address, other than that of the Customer’s IWI account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies after IWI’s service has been terminated.
IRC (INTERNET RELAY CHAT)
- IRC robots (“bots” or “clones”) or IRC sessions may not be run from IWI’s shared server accounts.
- Customers are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs that interfere with or deny service to other users on any server or host.
- IWI will not sell or knowingly disclose its customer lists or customer email or listserv address lists. We will attempt to protect the privacy of our Customers and their information that is stored on our network. IWI will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government orders, to operate and maintain our systems and services, or to protect ourselves or our Customers.
- IWI will not monitor or disclose a Customer’s private email messages or other facility usage unless required by court order or law. We will cooperate with the authorities and will notify such authorities if it suspects that a Customer is engaged in illegal activities to the limit the law allows or requires, at IWI’s sole discretion.
- IWI will, from time to time, use our customer mailing lists for network updates, system information and general sales information including portfolio presentation. IWI may in the future limit all mailings to those clients who want to participate.
- For customer paying with credit card, the card information will NOT be held in the records of IWI. IWI do not hold or have access to the credit card information provided if the customer choose to pay by credit card during online registration.
- Customer passwords are confidential and will not be made available to any person or company outside of IWI for any reason whatsoever.
- All information will be stored as securely as possible while maintaining the ability for authorized IWI staff to quickly and effectively access this information when required operational purposes.
- Refunds will be given at the discretion of the company.
- All setup fees are non-refundable.
- All domain name registrations are not applicable for any forms of refunds upon successful registration.
TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
- IWI is not responsible to determine the ownership of billing accounts, websites, or domains registered with IWI. By accessing IWI’s system, registering, or using any of the services provided by IWI, the customer, or any other person so accessing, registering or using, hereby represents and warrants that the information provided in connection with said registration, including as well information concerning ownership of websites, domains, and accounts, is true, accurate, and complete in each material detail. Any disputes arising regarding the ownership of any account, website, or domain hosted by, opened with, or registered with IWI or any of its affiliates are subject to the terms and conditions of this section of these Terms.
- Customer acknowledges and accepts that the foregoing policies and procedures regarding transfer of ownership are the only way that notice(s) can be given and changes can be effected regarding said transfer of ownership within IWI; and, further, that any other changes made directly by Customer or by others within the online records of IWI or of its affiliates shall not be deemed effective to give notice to IWI or its affiliates of any changes in said ownership.
- Any actions that were taken by IWI in any account, websites or domain ownerships transfers will incur an administrative fee of SGD25, for the administrative overhead for the investigative and administrative matters, and will be deemed due and payable immediately. The company follows a strict process of ownership transfers and would require all involved parties to cooperate with the set processes.
30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
At IT Works Internet, your satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the best service we can. However, if you have tried us and decide that your plan does not sufficiently meet your needs, you may cancel within 30 days for a refund. The 30-day money back guarantee only pertains to basic hosting plans (for the “Web Hosting” category of products, such as i-LITE, i-PRO, i-BUSINESS, i-PLATINUM etc) and only to your hosting service.
The cost of the domain (e.g. SGD30 for .com and SGD65 for .sg) will be deducted from the refund amount if a free promotional domain was registered. Domain names are non-refundable, all registrations/transfers/renewals are final. This is because once a domain is registered/transferred/renewed, payments are made directly to the Domain Registry and we are unable to request a refund from them. However, the domain name will still be rightfully owned by the registrant.
Domain refunds are only applicable if the registration was performed by an IWI representative and was mistyped by them. All credit card payments are subjected to 5% transactional charges from our payment processor, which will be deducted from the total refund amount.
For any billing discrepancies, customers can request for a refund or credit note for the amount overcharged, within 90 days from the date when payment is made.
Any violation of IT Works Internet’s Terms of Service Agreement shall result in no refund.
THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY DEFINES THE ACTIONS WHICH IWI CONSIDERS TO BE ABUSIVE, AND THUS, STRICTLY PROHIBITED. THE EXAMPLES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY IS NON-EXCLUSIVE, AND IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR GUIDANCE TO IWI’S CUSTOMERS.